Mrs. Tracy Hughett
Hi! My name is Tracy Tomanec Hughett.
I am certified to teach Early Childhood up to 6th Grade.
Class of 1997
I started my teaching journey in 1997 as a Smithville Tiger @ Brown Primary
with the Kindergarten Team and then in 1997 I joined Hermes Elemenary Kindergarten
and remained there till 2016 until I was asked to join the Pre K team.
Two of my favorite things are spending time with
|Parents as Partners|
HOW TO HELP YOUR CHILD SUCCEED
- Read together every day! Develop the love of reading through books.
- Listen to stories and practice comprehension skills (e. Retell the story, recall facts, answer questions from the story)
- Teach child basic self-care skills. eg. washing hands, brushing teeth, buttoning and zipping shirts, jackets, and pants, tying shoe laces.
- Familiarize child with the different parts of his/her body.
- Assist him/her in recognizing left and right.
- Encourage him/her to write and recognize his/her first and last names.
- Teach child his/her home phone number and address.
- Assist child in developing gross motor coordination. eg. hopping, skipping, running, galloping, throwing, catching, etc.
- Familiarize child with parents' occupations and other occupations.
- Familiarize child with community.
- Expose child to many things and experiences in his/her environment.
- Develop an awareness of colors and shapes of familiar objects.
- Expose child to educational toys and games that will broaden his/her experiences.
- Talk with your child often and encourage him/her to speak clearly using sentences.
- Have children use words of position and direction, eg. top/bottom, front/back, over/on/under, large/ small, etc.
- Introduce child to the letters of the alphabet.
- Encourage him/her to recognize all upper and lower case letters.
- Teach children to recognize and name the numerals 0 – 10, and rote counting to 20.
- Encourage your child to watch Sesame Streetand other suitable programs on TV.
- Give your child some explanation of lunch money. eg. Identify coins - quarter, dime, nickel, penny.
- Recognize and name the following colors: red, blue, yellow, green, orange, black, purple, brown, gray, pink, and white.
- Give child simple oral directions.
- Encourage child to follow directions closely.
- Encourage child to create stories.
- Involve child in cutting and pasting activities.
- Have crayons, pencil and paper available at home.
- Develop Social Skills- allow children to play and explore
- Practice one-to-one correspondence and matching objects
- Teach your child his/her birthday
- Sing ABC song
- Practice writing his / her name